What are the causes of high SGPT and SGOT? What diet should I take?

Before My SGPT is 123 and Sgot is 54. Now SGPT 290 and SGOT 90. What are the causes for high SGPT & SGOT? Now little bit pain also.

What diet i should take? Presently i am not taking Non veg, Alcohol, Oily food, Spacey items.

Then why again going up my SGPT & SGOT. What are the reasons to increase my SGPT & SGOT?

Is it any problem in taking small exercise every day?

What medicines & diet i should take to reduce sgpt & sgot.?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 19 minutes later
Hi and thanks for contacting healthcaremagic
SGOT and SGPT are liver enzymes which are raised if there is an injury to the liver cells. This injury may occur because of a variety of causes like-
1) Infections like hepatitis A/B/C/E Dengue fever, typhoid, malaria and others
2) Alcohol, drugs
3) Metabolic causes like excess fat, iron or copper
4) Reduced blood supply or congestion.
As your protein profile is normal you are likely to have an acute hepatitis because of one of the above causes,
Addressing the cause corrects the enzyme abnormality over weeks, hence XXXXXXX a physician to localise the cause