What are the causes for vomiting spells at around 6a.m in my 12 year daughter?

Hi, thanks for helping. My 12 year old daughter has been having vomiting spells at around 6:00 in the morning for the last five days, she has no fever and is healthy. she is completely fine during the day and night but, at 6:00 am for the last five days will vomit for about 5 to 10 mins, then is fine. she doesn't vomit any food just mostly what looks like spit.I am clueless on why this happens at the same time and is healthy otherwise. Do you have any ideas what this may be??? Thank you for any ideas you may have, sincerely, XXXXXXX Ward
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seek A paediatrician Detailed Answer: good day veronica! Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help your daughter with these morning spells of vomiting for 5 days with every thing alright otherwise. Miss XXXXXXX i want you to know that these vomiting episodes masks multiple etiologies with GastroIntestinal ( Obstruction and inflammation, foreign bodies or appedicitis, Acute gastro enteritis etc) most common followed by UTIs like cystitis and pyelonephritis. But usually fever follows that. Some other possibilities of such presentation are CNS disease(Migraine headaches,viral meningitis, concussions, post concussions, Tumors), pulmonary problems, renal disease, endocrine/metabolic disorders( Diabetic Keto acidosis etc), drugs (either as side effects or in overdosages), psychiatric disorders, strep throat, pregnancy ( Least likely) or stress. Hope you see it ina right perspective.As it needs a clinical correlation.So my advice is to seek a paediatrician and let them sort out the aetiology for your kid. As it has been five days. Usually the symptoms self resolve but as they have prevailed it is time to seek a paediatrician and sort out the cause. There is a condition of CNS tumors which also present with such morning episodes of vomiting after lying flat.Lets hope it does not come to that and sorted out with an innocuous cause which i am sure it will be. Hope it helps. take good care of your kid and keep me posted. Dont for get to close the discussion please Regards Khan