What are the causes for abdominal pain and diarrhea ?

I have bright yellow wee and stomach /abonminal pain to the point i cannot lay down. when i made myself sick the pain eased but did not go away. this has been happening for 3 days now. I also had diarrhea but that has also subsided.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
Pain in the abdomen is usually associated with diarrhea due to the intestinal infection which is common cause of diarrhea. Pain abdomen in such cases increases on urinating or with bowel movements which indicates the pain to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities
1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection
2) Sexual transmitted diseases - if there is any suggestive history
3) Intra abdominal pathology
You might benefit by visiting the Emergency Room so that you can be evaluated with a panel of blood tests and a ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis OR a CT scan to diagnose the underlying condition and initiate necessary interventions for proper treatment.
Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day. The other measures that can help you include-
1. You can start by eating soft, bland food: toast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes, baked chicken ~ no skin, etc.
2.Replace lost fluid and salts:Take broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits, or vegetables.
3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist, Raw fruits and vegetables, fried & greasy food and fast food, spicy food, caffeine,etc.

Hope this helps. I will be available for the follow up