Ask a Urologist   »  

What are the broken blister like things on the penis which look like red spots after sex?

Dermatologist
Question
Sir I recently noticed small kind of (blisters broken look) infection kind of thing on my red head (pennis) while i finished sex with my wife. when I move back the upper skin, the infection seems to be attached to the skin and red head in the same same place. I mean if i keep the upper skin normal the place where i have the infection kind of thing on red heard exactly touches the same kind of thing on my upper skin. I am confused, please suggest....... looks very red in many spots of my red head.

forgot to mention I was heavily consuming alcohol since last 10 days, is that the reason?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 12 hours later
Hi!XXXXXXX,

If you are sure about the blisters over the penis then that would suggest of HERPES GENITALIS .This is a viral condition seen over penis or lips. It can be recurrent problem. Kindly let me know following points :
1) Do you actually see blisters.
2) Do you experience any pain or fever.
3) Were you stressed up the previous week.
4) Did your wife had any sort of infection.
5) Did you take any other medicine before getting this apart from asprin.
5) Did you have similar episodes in past.

For herpes infection you can take antiherpetic drugs like acyclovir. It is a prolonged and heavy dosage. Even the latest medicine called valacyclovir would help where the dosage is small with less frequency. This would subside in aprrox 7 days time if it is herpes.

Your alcohol should not be the reason for this.

If you can let me know the above points I can help you further.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries’.

Follow-up: What are the broken blister like things on the penis which look like red spots after sex? 2 hours later
1) Do you actually see blisters.
No Blisters, but looks like blisters already broken.

2) Do you experience any pain or fever.
No pain or Fever.

I can say yes, caz of pressure at work place.

she recently had a loop in place to avoid pregnancy, she is feeling itching sensation from past couple of days. after I noticed this infection kind of thing, I did not had sex with her since a week.

No.

No.

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 16 hours later
Hi!XXXXXXX,

I can only give a differential diagnosis at this moment without having a look at the lesion. It can either be HERPES genitalis or just a erosion. These are the only condition where you observe a lesion at abrupt.And i suppose there is no history of contact apart from your wife.It is not drug induced also as you did not take any medicine apart from asprin.

It would be good if you can investigate yourself consulting a dermatologist or a venereologist to rule out other rare possibilities. A dermatologist can see the lesion and correctly diagnose it.
For the time being you can take a antibiotic like azithromycin and even start a antiviral medicine like acyclovir .

“ Wish you Good Health”

Follow-up: What are the broken blister like things on the penis which look like red spots after sex? 8 hours later
Dear Sir,

Yesterday and today I noticed that the infection came down a bit but little itchy feeling. Do I have time to wait till the weekend to consult a doctor?

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 4 hours later
Hi!XXXXXXX,

As I had suspected that either it could be just a erosion or a herpes infection, both of which can subside on its own.I think you can wait for some time and then if needed consult a dermatologist.

“ Wish you Good Health”

regards,
Dr.Bharat Chawda