What are the best and recommended ways to reduce weight ?

hi my name is anee m 23 yrs old m asian,,,,with 5.6 height i was 72 in 2009 when i started workout in gym which helped me to reduce weight n i was 64 then i left workout for 9 months and now i am 80kg and now again i hav started my workout program. i m doing my workout everday for 1 and a half hour but i do not see any result.. my weight is constant n doesnt not reduce.. i weighed 80 kgs before 2 months n now after joining gym i weighed 81..i do aerobics running cycling light weight workout but i havnt reduced insted i have put on 1 kg so now im 81,,, i have control over food also n i do sleep good amount of sleep. i do not understand what is goin wrong.. can u plz tell me actually whats wrong with me ,,, is there anything wich i need to change,,, or look for,,,,,,,
prajyotkuckian: i want to shed off my weight as soon as possible.. is there any herbal medicine which would help me out to cut off my fats and reduce weight. plz suggest me some same medicines which will help me to reduce weight.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 11 hours later

I understand that you have been trying to loose weight since last 2 months and haven't been able to.

First of all I would appreciate that you have concerns and motivation to do exercise.
At your age, we do not expect an medical condition which can lead to weight gain.
As far as, exercise is concerned, yes, thats mandatory.

However, in our experience, its observed that, once you start exercise, it takes any where between 3 - 4 months before you actually start losing weight. That's precisely the case with you.

Please continue with your exercise routine as it is.
Do not get into any supplements or herbal products as they will do more harm in long term. I don't see any reason why you will not loose weight in a month or two from now.

Control your calorie intake. Say no to fats, chocolates and junk food.
Have lots of fruits and vegetables.

Wish you all the best.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: What are the best and recommended ways to reduce weight ? 11 hours later
in this 2 months i haven't reduced 1%. apart from that it sounds weird that in 9 months i gained up to 15kg.. now when i really work hard to reduce but i cant find any fruitful result.. i accept that it takes time to reduce but in 2 months i should have reduced some fats may not be more.. my weight is constant in this 2 months.. can u please state me the reason why i may not able to reduce.. i accept your advice but at the same time i want to know the reason behind.. and what should i do so that i can start loosing weight.. it is really demotivating as i work so hard in gym but do not c any result...
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Please do not get demotivated.
Its the body's normal response.

By the way you must also try and maintain a strict diet.

Medically, if you have to get your self evaluated for weight gain, you must get a Thyroid Test done.

As I said before, I do not consider any underlying medical problem for your current situation. Its just the response of your body.

So keep up with good work you are doing.
You will certainly start reducing in a months time. I assure You.
Watch what you eat.

Cut down on fats, chocolates, junk food and cold drinks.

Take Care

Dr Kiran