What are symptoms of Molluscum contagiosum?

Are these Molluscum Contagiosum located on the back of my neck?
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: details follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to XXXXXXX I read your query and saw the attached pic also. Molluscum contagiosum lesions are pearly white raised lesions with central indentation. Mild to moderate redness can be seen sometimes around and on the lesions. In the pic, i can seen some raised lesions but is not able to make out nay central indentation. Rather redness is more seen. I will advice you if possible for you to send a new clear pic with focussing on the lesion so that i ca help you further. Can you appreciate any central depression in any of the lesions? Is any family member having similar kind of lesions? Kindly reply to my questions and send a new pic. Thanx
Follow-up: What are symptoms of Molluscum contagiosum? 24 hours later
Hello Doctor, it took many hours through trial and error to take another photo of those lesions on the back of my neck - I live by myself and too embarrased to ask my colleagues to do it for it. I took the photo myself and I selected it from about 50 blurred shots! I think I have gotten these from the foot massage places here in China - they will massage my neck also. Each time before the foot massage the person will massage my neck area and back - the necks come directly in contact with their bare hands and they massage a lot of people everyday. Please see photo attached
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome again. I can understand your situation. It might have been really very difficult for you to click your own pic, that too on neck. But i will like to mention, this time the pic was better. I appreciate your efforts. From the pics, some of the lesions are looking like molluscum contagiosum lesions. In only one of the lesion, i could appreciate the central depression. For this condition, needle extirpation is the best treatment modality. I will advice you to visit your dermatologist at the earliest so that he/ she can take out the molluscum body out of it , that is needle extirpation. The lesions are contagious, so may increase with time , that is why timely intervention is really helpful. I hope i am able to solve your query. If you want to ask anything, you may ask me. Else kindly close the discussion and rate it. Stay healthy.