What are all the side effects of oxylite pro ?

I'm 34 years old 5'4" and take 100 mcg levothroid for hypothyroidism and 40mg fluoxetine for anxiety. I weigh 170+ lbs, 30+ lbs put on within the last year while getting to the bottom of my hypothyroid problem. I've been on WW and exercise and still I hover around the same weight give or take 2lbs. I wanted to try OxyElite Pro, and I'm worried about drug interactions, and major side effects. My biggest concern is about the SSRI warning. Is it okay for me to take? I am desperate to lose some weight seeing how I have never before weighed this much and I'm uncomfortable in my own skin!
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 31 minutes later

Oxyelite pro increases the serotonin levels in the body. Oxylite pro contains Bauhinia purpurea extract, a herbal ingredient which is thought to cause a natural adjustment in thyroid hormone levels T3 and T4 and T3 hormone is partly responsible for your metabolic rate and if you are having hypothyroidism and taking levothyroid then it is advisable not to take oxylite pro as it may interfere with the thyroid management of the drug.

Secondly you are already taking SSRI antidepressants it is advisable to take oxylite pro only after consulting your physician. Oxylite pro contains many herbal ingredients and a high dose of caffeine. Caffeine is thought to decrease effect of fluoxetine and hence oxylite pro should be used only under medical supervision.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.