What antacid can I take for heart burn after tonsillectomy and septoplasty?

Apr 2014

What antacid can I take after having a tonsillectomy and septoplasty? I am having terrible heart burn.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg OD. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Heart burn in your case is most likely due to analgesics which you might be taking after operation.Analgesics causes gastric irritation and this leads to heart burn. You can take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg half hour before food once daily for six weeks. If you also had these symptoms earlier then ultrasound of abdomen,upper GI endoscopy should be done. You should avoid hot and spicy food and take your meal in small amount at regular intervals. Alcohol and smoking will lead to aggravation. You should also avoid stressful factors. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX