Wear pads for incontinence and taking treatment. Itching in vagina. Is this related to incontinence?

I wear pads for incontinence and take prescriptions. I have been having a annoying itching situation in my vagina, is this related to the incontinence?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dermatitis or vaginal infection

Detailed Answer:
with long standing incontinence the skin is exposed to constant irritation by urine. this can lead to dermatitis which can be itchy or raw . vaginal discharge will have discolouration of pad yellow white and itching inside vagina. try using clotrimazole cream locally alternating with diaper rash cream. if relief then it's ok otherwise get examined. there could be other vulval conditions like leukoplakia or some form of malignancy which give similar symptoms