Weakness in leg & drugged feeling after eating pizza with beef and pineapple. Food poisoning?

I had pizza from pizza hut with beef and pineapples and afterword I felt really weak in my legs and it happend to my mom too. It felt like we were drugged. My mom thinks there is something wrong with the ingredients
is it food poisoning?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Eating Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 59 minutes later

If both of you felt the same symptoms after having Pizza, then it might be possible that there was some specific ingredient which caused allergy or might be due to beef also.

It does not seem to be like food poisoning as there is no nausea, vomiting, pain abdomen, bloated, cramps, loose motions, etc. which are the main symptoms of food poisoning.

Right now just relax and have light food item. Drink lots of water. Avoid eating processed food item and have home made food only. You can have some electrolyte drinks if you are feeling weak.

If there is development of any other unusual symptom as described above, consider visiting a Physician for evaluation, as you might require prescription medications.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.