Weakness, dizziness, coughing and chest pain after smoking. Will quit. Want to know if anything is wrong with me

Hi Dr. Grief, I would like to get you advice on you my situation. I am so tense lately due to some personal problem. I don't have any history of serious illness. I am 25 years old and have recently started smoking, just a month ago. I feel so week and dizzy after smoking. Also, I cannot have single puff without coughing. Moreover, I get chest pain after smoke. I am going to quite smoking but I want to know is there anything wrong with me. Also, if I need to consult doctor personally, which doctor can help me?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
These are all the symptoms that do occur when one initially starts smoking. Quiting smoking is the best thing that you can do to reduce your present symptoms.
Everyone in life will face some tension in their life but starting smoking because of this reason is not an good idea. Smoking can be responsible for so many diseases which eventually leads to tension.
I advice you to address your personal problem and quit smoking. I think these symptoms are related to smoking, so you should be fine once you stop it.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.