Weakness, bladder pressure. Can this be HIV or herpes STD infection?

Hi Im having a fear that i may be infected with HIV or Herpes STD i took a rapid test whihc showed up negetive but the test was only done 3 weeks after possible exposure ?? im not relaxed are these tests reliable ?? im feeling very weak & weak in my legs & feel some type of a pressure in my Bladder
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 4 hours later
I went through your history.
Rapid tests are not very specific. You need to undergo confirmatory tests after three months of possible exposure.
But I can assure you that most probably it also will be negative.
Regarding herpes the incubation period is shorter and hence you would have developed ulcers on the genitalia in case if infected. Hence it is not probable in you.
Regarding the aches I think it is part of fear complex.
I suggest you to always have a safe sex in future.
Have a healthy day
Prasad pvs
Follow-up: Weakness, bladder pressure. Can this be HIV or herpes STD infection? 1 hour later
Thanks for reply my question is since that day im feeling no good im feeling sme type of discomfort in my body & the day after i had this Big Herpes blister on my mouth how ever i was not concerned since i get those blisters since im a child but that blister dissapared after a week as usual ... this is what bright my intention that maybe this is all part of bigger problem as im also feeling some discomfort in my bladder & gentile area but no blisters
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 25 hours later
I went through your history. Since you used to get oral blisters since chilhood it could be apthous stomatitis or herpes simplex type I. Genital herpes is type ii.
You may confirm it by undergoing blood tests like immunoglobulins igg and igm for herpes virus type I and ii.
Still I could not relate your complainta to recent exposure. You may however consult your physician for a through clinical examination and decide.
Have XXXXXXX day
Prasad pvs