Weak erections. Regularly masturbating. Stopped smoking

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have problem of weak erections .. i am pretty sure it is not psychological. My morning erections are weak too. i am pretty fit at 27 years. My BMI is 19 and my fat percentage is 15%. I left smoking 3 years ago and am pretty irregular with alcohol (once in a month). i am unmarried. The problem i am facing is for 3-4 years. i masturbate once daily.
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 39 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you may have problem of getting hard erection and unable to retract your foreskin due to what is called as Phimosis.

You are unmarried and masturbating once daily since 4 years.

Assuming that you have not attempted sex with female partner, I would like to state that there is always difference in getting hard erection while masturbating and while actually getting engaged in sexual activity with female partner.

Please get following investigations done
1) Serum Testosterone level (Total and free).
2) Blood Sugar fasting and Post Lunch to rule out diabetes.
3) Thyroid hormone study.

In majority of cases, cause of erectile dysfunction is mind related and due to performance anxiety. Following general measures will help you to get hard erection and improve your sexual performance in future.

1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.
3) Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.
Since you have Phimosis too, it may be an additional factor for you not getting hard erection.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination. You may need to get circumcised under local anaesthesia.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Weak erections. Regularly masturbating. Stopped smoking 24 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your reply. Actually its not that I am unable to retract the foreskin over my glans penis. I can do that even when I don't have an erection. It is just that even with the hardest erection foreskin does not automatically retract over my glans penis (I need to do it). I have heard that in a normal erection your foreskin automatically retracts over your glans penis and I used to experience this 4 years ago. I go to the gym regularly and so I do have a very heavy protein diet (i take whey protein regularly). I don't smoke or drink regularly. I am pretty athletic (body fat is 15% and BMI is 19). At times while urinating I have some discomfort in my penile nerve. I have been masturbating daily since i was 13. I have experienced weak erections since I was 23.
i have tried sex with call girls because even I thought that erection with a sexual partner might be different. It hasn't been very successful. I do get decent hard erections at times, but they turn soft pretty quickly. It is not psychological. In any case the best treatment for a psychological issue would be to ensure that I don't have a physical problem. Can you suggest a good urologist in delhi whom I can contact regarding my problem.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later

Thanks for follow up.

Though you claim your problem to be not psychological, it will be better if you consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and assessment. There are medicines like phosphodiesterase Inhibitors like Sildenafl and Dapoxine to get hard erection and delay ejaculation.

The urologist will advice you regarding dosage and timing of these drugs to be taken.
There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Weak erections. Regularly masturbating. Stopped smoking 2 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks again for your prompt reply. There is another symptom that I had 2 year ago that just crossed my mind. I am not sure how helpful it would be to narrow down my case further but should I mention this to the urologist i would be visiting? I used to indulge in face down masturbation prior to a couple of years (unfortunately thats the way I learnt). I used to ejaculate without an erection then. It is only when I came to proper way of masturbating, that I got some erection while ejaculating. Is this of relevance to my problem

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

The erection does not depend on the way you masturbate and is irrelevant. As for as problem of erectile dysfunction is concerned, you present all the facts to the Urologist when you consult him. It will help him to come to conclusion.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil