Was told that egg has ruptured and to be in relationship. Meaning?

Hi Doctor, Yesterday my gyne told me that rupture has happened and told to be in relationship until day 21... wat it means.. its my day 16...

Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are fertile now to conceive

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence. Thanks for posting the same.

Rupture has happened means - the mature follicle or egg has ruptured from your ovary and has reached the uterine tubes now. This means that the egg is available for fertilization now. If you have sexual intercourse with your husband for the next 5 days continuously, there are very high chances for you to conceive or get pregnant.

told to be in relationship until day 21 means - starting from today i.e day 16, you need to have sexual intercourse daily without fail with your husband until day 21 i.e. until next 5 days.

This will give you more than 85% chances of getting pregnant or conceiving.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have further doubts or clarifications, if required.

Wish you good luck.

Follow-up: Was told that egg has ruptured and to be in relationship. Meaning? 3 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. Got clarified.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help you

Detailed Answer:

Thank you too. I am glad to be of help to you.

Please write a review if time permits.

Wish you good health and regards,