Was on seroquel and celexa, went cold and eliminated seroquel. Recently took seroquel, had chest and arms burning

After 8 years on seroquel and celexa, I went cold XXXXXXX and eliminated seroquel in mid XXXXXXX I continued to take celexa.

Just last night, I took ONE seroquel 25mg and I had a horrible night with crazy dreams and burning in my chest and upper arms all night. I woke up very tired. I'm afraid to take a pill tonight for fear of it happening again. Do you think I could take a half seroquel pill

Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....these are the immediate side effects of consumption of SEROQUEL.
Detailed answer...
The most common side-effect of SEROQUEL ( QUETIAPINE )  )  is somnolence,where you feel drowsy in day and stay awake when trying to sleep in the night.Other common side-effects include sluggishness, fatigue, dry mouth, sore throat, dizziness, abdominal pain, constipation etc.
Although you took it for a very long time earlier,but since you took it now after a gap of two months and hence the acute side effects of the drug.However you may be comfortable taking half the dose,but the question remains that why do you need to restart it again.
If you feel that you have to start it again because of worsening of your symptoms,then it would be better to talk to your treating doctor before starting it again.
Your continued loss of weight since you quit SEROQUEL is because this drug is associated with weight gain.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck