Was fitted for ear plugs as had mold removed. Have lost equilibrium. Suggest?

Jun 2015

I was fitted for ear plugs the other day and this morning I woke up and I have lost my equilibrium, could the injection mold process have something to do with this?
I have little discomfort in the ears,but it was a bit painful when the tech removed the mold from one of the ears as it was very tight.
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Involvement of inner ear (Vestibular apparatus)

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be attributed to the involvement of inner ear.
The inner ear has a specialized structure known as Vestibular apparatus, which maintains the body posture & equilibrium.
And any disturbance to this apparatus (which might have occurred during the injection mold process, either due to the procedure itself or the material contained in the mold) can result in loss of equilibrium.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of Vestibular sedatives & analgesics.
So, it will be better to consult an ENT specialist & get a proper clinical examination done including Vestibular function tests.
Investigations like estimation of blood glucose & measurement of blood pressure levels will be helpful to rule out any systemic cause for the symptoms.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Please let me know if I can clarify further.
Wishing a good health.