Was diagnosed with PCOS, taking thyronorm. Having irregular periods and Follicular cyst. Taking glycomet and primolut n

Mar 2016

I have been diagnosed with PCOS since the age of 20 and have been taking thyronorm 50 since then and didnt havv any alarming irregularity. i am now 28 yrs old and started having irregular periods. a thin walled follicular cyst was detected in USG and doctor i consulted prescribed glycomet 500 (2X daily) and primolut n (twice for 5 days). after stopping primolut for first time i had my periods within 3 days. but in my next cycle when i again took primolut i still havnt got my periods after 1 week. should i be worried?
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 49 minutes later

In PCOS, period irregularity is quite common phenomena. Delaying of your period more than 7 days occurs mostly due to mental stress & hormonal imbalance. Here, you can wait another 1 week to get your period naturally. After that, you can consult with your gynecologist for suggestive measures.

In the mean time, do the following things:

1) Take low carbohydrate healthy diet with iron supplements. Complete avoidance of salty/ fatty/ junk/ spicy food stuffs which are XXXXXXX in high calorie.

2) Try to avoid stress/ tension by yoga/ deep breathing/ meditation regularly (20-30 minutes).

3) Drink plenty of water and eat more green vegetables & fresh fruits. Keep bowel habit regular.

4) Control body weight by regular physical exercise by means of running/ jogging/ treadmill etc. It is the key treatment of PCOS.

5) Maintain personal hygiene. Always take a sound sleep with complete relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.