Ask a Urologist   »  

Wart on penis, not painful. What could it indicate?

It seems like I have a wart on the bottom of my penis, what could that indicate ?
It doesn't hurt or anything it just like bugs me that it is there an I am trying to figure out what it could be?thank u
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

Genital warts are caused by virus. This virus is very common in the population. This virus is referred to as a papilloma virus. The virus is transmitted sexually. In order to transmit the virus one does not necessarily need to have any symptoms or any warts. The virus simply lives on and under the skin.

The only way to really make sure that what is going on with you is related to a genital wart would be to see your dermatologist. If actually you are having genital warts, let me reassure you that there are many treatments available. Genital warts may heal on their own in some people and in others, treatment methods may be needed.

There are many topical treatments available for genital warts and these include podophyllium resin, podofilox, 5-Fluorouracil and Imiquimod (Aldara) cream. However these creams should be used only after consulting a dermatologist and can be used at home.

Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, good health.

Follow-up: Wart on penis, not painful. What could it indicate? 8 hours later
Could u get this from using the same towel as others or for example I normally wear the same sweats at night could that be a problem?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

Using the same towel or wearing same sweats cannot transmit the virus. Direct skin contact with an infected person is required for transmission of infection.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.