Wanted to postpone or prepone periods. Was prescribed Deviry and regestrone. Suggestion?

Hi Doctor....I am XXXXXXX wedding is supposed to be on aug 30 2013.....and it is followed with other functions till 7 september last 2 period dates were 13 july - 16 july and 8 aug - 11 this time my expected date would be somewhere between 30 aug and 1st week of september which i dont want to happen....i consulted two doctors 2 months back w.r.t delaying or preponing the periods....i asked them whether i can take tablets dosage 2 months before itself in order to make my periods occur somewhere between 20 aug to 25 aug to be tension free during the wedding....both of them advised me not to play with my body....they advised me to start the tablets from aug 25th 2013 and end it till 7 sep prescribed 2 tablets of deviry10 each day in the night....and the other prescribed t.regestrone 5mg, 1 pill in the morning and 1pill in the i am confused and tensed about which medicine to start with.....i need your help.....please suggest...thank u....
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Deviry is a better choice

Detailed Answer:

I agree with the fact that you should start the medicines from Aug 25th. The two medicines prescribed to you are essentially the same generic drugs. You can start either. Deviry is easily available and cheaper. Make sure you don't miss a dose of it otherwise you may start bleeding.

Wish you good luck.
Follow-up: Wanted to postpone or prepone periods. Was prescribed Deviry and regestrone. Suggestion? 9 minutes later
still havent started the dosage yet.... so can i start it from today....will there be any side effects....
can deviry or t.regestrone be taken for a period of 14 days....
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
deviry can be taken for 14 days

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can start from today . But not make it later than that . It can be taken for a period of otherwise14 days . After you stop the meds you will bleed within a few days gap. No major side effects can be expected .
Follow-up: Wanted to postpone or prepone periods. Was prescribed Deviry and regestrone. Suggestion? 12 minutes later
Thnak u according to you t.regestrone is not a better choice for more number of days....? my realtives are advicing me to take t.regestrone reading the online i am getting more confused and tensed.... even now i am not not gettin a proper clarity.....there are no chances of bleeding once we start taking deviry from today tillstopping it ? are there any chances of bleeding during the course of dosage of t.regestrone....
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
either drug is ok to use

Detailed Answer: XXXXXXX

As I stated already both drugs are essentially the same. They are both the same in content-a hormone called progestin . It's just that deviry is cheaper. You can take either.

You have to start both and end both similarly.

Most people prefer deviry, because it's cheaper for long term use. You will need to buy 28 tabs for 14 days . You can take regestrone also if its not a problem for you. Normally i prescribe deviry because of the reasons I mentioned . There will be no bleeding if you take it properly and don't miss a dose.

Hope I answered your query.