Want to do pregnancy test. Please advice which test need to do for the same?

Dear Doctor,

I am XXXXXXX XXXXXX wife of XXXXXX I want to do my pregnancy test . Please advice which test i need to do for the same .

Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later

Thanks for writing.

I assume you want to confirm your pregnancy because you are overdue (delayed period). There are two types of pregnancy test urine test and blood test.

Urine test can be done at home. You need to have urine pregnancy test kit (available at Medical stores). It is performed with a morning urine sample. Detailed procedure is mentioned on the kit itself.

If your urine test is negative, wait for a week and repeat test.

If your urine test is positive, you should consult a gynecologist for the blood test(HCG titer) and USG (ultrasonography). These are second level confirmation tests for pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query If you have further questions I will be happy to help you.