WIDAL report shows Salmonella typhi "O" 1 : 80, Salmonella paratyphi "A(H)" Non - reactive. Typhoid?

My Wifes WIDAL report says
Salmonella typhi "O" 1 : 80
Salmonella typhi "H" 1 : 80
Salmonella paratyphi "A(H)" NON - REACTIVE
Salmonella paratyphi "B(H)" NON - REACTIVE

Is she suffering from typhoid. If yes what should be the course of the treatment. She had viral fever lat week 100-102, now she is not at all having any fever, however the WIDAL seems to be positive, she has throat infection and sinusitis at the moment and is taking Augmentin 625 along with antacid and vitamins. Is this treatment ok for Typhoid too?
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

I have gone through available details and following are my comments:

1) This widal report is insignificant and titre is only 1:80, she has recently recovering from sinus and throat infection. Please continue antibiotics.

2) No treatment is required for Typhoid; just take care of her diet and potable water.

3) She has High blood pressure and Panniculitis she should continue treatment with Diltiazem and steroids as per prescription of Physician.

4) Panniculitis is it isolated or associated with any systemic disease? Is it biopsy confirmed?

5) How long she is taking steroids, although alternate day therapy with very low dose is safe.

Hope this information is useful to you, if you have any doubt please ask, I will be happy to help.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.