Vomiting with throat burning & tiredness in pregnancy, prescribed emeset. Side effects of emeset & suggestion on baby growth?

My wife is 7 month pregnant, still vomitting is continue, after vomiting she is facing more throat burning & tiredness. baby weight is around 800gms only. doctor has recommented Emeset-4 tablet for vomiting as SOS. pls inform due to Emeset-4 any side effect for baby growth & also inform how to improve baby growth more in this stage.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
In some mothers it is commonly seen that the feeling of nausea and vomiting continues till the full term. Emeset - Ondansetron is used off label for pregnancy induced vomiting. It is a relatively safe drug and there is no evidence of any adverse effects on the fetus due to its use.
Your wife can safely use the drug for symptomatic relief.
The nutritional supplements that your wife needs for healthy baby growth include-
1. A high protein diet- XXXXXXX in pulses, cereals, eggs, fish, etc.
2. A high calcium intake- like milk, milk products, eggs, bajra, ragi, etc.
3. Eat fiber XXXXXXX fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
4. Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
5. Drink plenty of fluids
6. Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.
7. Take regular iron , calcium and DHA supplements as prescribed by your gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.