Very weak. Suggest the suitable way to increase weight?

Question
I am very weak, I want to increase the weight please advice
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle changes help

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Can you tell me your age, weight and height?

To increase weight we will need to address the issue at many levels. First, we need to do some tests to rule out co-existing conditions like anemia, vitamin deficiency, infections, high thyroid, etc.

After that you will need to take supplements according to the findings of blood tests.

Thirdly, you need to add more calories to your diet. My recommendations are as follows:
- Take 3 proper meals and 3 -4 snacks in a day
-Include milk and milk products in your diet. Milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, ice-cream, paneer etc. Milk products should be included in every meal and snack
- Take fruits and raw vegetables upto 5 times a day
- Can also take nutritional supplements like ensure or proteinex. Though these cannot replace proper food but are a good supplement to provide the extra proteins.
- Drink at least 5 - 6 glasses of pure water every day.

Exercise of at least 20 min a day is also needed.

I hope I was able to address your concerns. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Very weak. Suggest the suitable way to increase weight? 6 minutes later
age 23
weight 42kg
height 5.3feet

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
BMI is low

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Your Body Mass Index is around 16.4 kg/m2. It is low and comes under the category of underweight. Thus my advise is appropriate for you. You need to get evaluated and also make some changes in diet. It will definitely help you.

Dr Vasihalee

Follow-up: Very weak. Suggest the suitable way to increase weight? 22 minutes later
Thank you Dr,

can you send me you Clinic address

Brief Answer:
Thanks

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Thanks for consulting me.

I am currently located in Punjab and working at SGRD medical college, Amritsar.

Dr Vaishalee