Ventricular tachycardia,cardiomyopathy,arrythmias,implanted defbrillator,diabetes,high blood pressure

Hi I'm a 60 year old female and have episodes of ventricular tachycardia, cardiomyopathy, arrythmias and an implanted defibrillator along with diabetes II and high blood pressure. Would I qualify for social security benefits?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a good one and I will try to give you some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

With the conditions that you mentioned including tachycardia/cardiomyopathy as well as hypertension and diabetes it is important that these are optimally managed by a good internist and cardiologist. If you are asking whether you qualify for disability, this is a complex question.

Social security has certain criteria which need to be met in order for benefits to be granted. You have significant conditions which can absolutely be disabling so I am confident that a thorough evaluation and consideration of your functional capacity related to these conditions would warrant a XXXXXXX of benefits.

I cannot guarantee anything however as this requires input by your physician and a significant amount of paperwork but I am sure with patience and perseverence on your part that you will find a fair judgement.

Again I thank you for your query. I hope you found this response to be both helpful and informative. Should you have additional questions related to this concern I am available to address them.

Dr. Galamaga