Variation in pulse rate, indigestion, tiredness, headaches. What could be the reason?

For the last 18 months my pulse rate has varied between 90 and 120. Other symptoms are indigestion, which sometimes hurts in my left arm pit, tiredness and occasional spells of feeling slightly spaced out. I'm 70 and run my own business so it can be stressful & I work long hours (10+per day) but apart from getting more profoundly tired and headaches I appear fairly ok.

Should I be concerned about my rapid pulse? It used to be around 64 so something has made it change.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
At your age, an increase in the pulse rate could be due to benign causes like indigestion or due to more serious reasons like anemia, Hyperthyroidism, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, stress or Heart disorders

I suggest you to get it examined from a physician and get your Hb levels, thyroid function tests and an EKG and stress ECHO done. An ECHO is needed to check out the recent functioning of the heart.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.