Vaginal pain during intercourse. What treatment should be done?

I have been married for one and half year, but i am not able to do intercourse, i feel pain in the vagina, it may be psychological...I am scared of pain. after trying so many times now I am able to insert two finger. I think I have veginisum. should i buy treatment kit. I stay in New Delhi. suggest me what should i do now :(
I hv visited gynaecologist they said there is no problem in vagina. its all about mental block.
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
This seems to be quite a normal problem.
First I would like to reassure you on this. Do not be disheartened.
Most of the times, it is a simple solution to this problem.
You need to have a happy life in all aspects, this includes your sexual life also.
Since any infection or abnormality has been ruled out after an examination, it is just fear that you are scared to have intercourse.I would like to advice you to talk to your husband regarding this and ask him to make you feel comfortable during intercourse.

Indulge in lots of foreplay.You can also use artificial lubricants like KY jelly for same.While having intercourse keep a pillow under your hips for better penetration and ask be relaxed before the act.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Vaginal pain during intercourse. What treatment should be done? 12 minutes later
Thanks for the answer, My husband is very supportive, we tried everything to make that happen... I have used lubricant jelly and lignocaine hydrochloride gel...but still its taking so much of time...Now I am planning to buy vaginismus kit.. do u think it will help me or should i consult psychologist?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
You can buy the vaginismus kit. It will help in dilating the vaginal opening. Consulting a psychologist will also be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.