Vaginal labia is swollen. Blisters develop and go away. Area is numb to touch and itchy. Also have yeast infection. Suggest the cure?

My vaginal labia (the front part bellow my belly fold) is swollen. Blisters develop, and then pop and go away. The area is numb to the touch and gets itchy. I went to the doctor and she said I had jock itch. She gave me a cream but it wont go away. I also have a yeast infection that wont go away after several months.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis and candidial infection

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your query, it could be vaginal infection which is causing all these problems. As you are having recurrent yeast infection, I suggest you to undergo PAP smear and get your blood sugars checked. Sometimes abnormal blood sugars can cause recurrent vaginal candidial infection.
Blisters develop and pop and go away---are more or less like folliculitis i.e infection of hair follicles near the labia majora.
I usually give a course of antibiotics like Doxycycline and Fluconazole tablet for such symptoms.
Clobetasol ointment can be applied locally for itching. Kindly consult your doctor for prescription.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile