Vaginal discharge, itching, skin peeling, redness, red dots, swelling. What should I do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
i have vaginal discharge and associated with lots of itchy and after i washed the area with olive soap and water i had the skin peals with redness and look like tiny cuts looks like red little bloody dots and swell right away and whenever i got water to cool it down it starts burning a lot what should i do ???
i im taking nidagel since august 14 and im still taking it but no improvements
by the way the doctor said its not yeast infection
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi,

Vaginal discharge can occur due to different causes,
that can be physiological and pathological as you are having itching etc symptoms there is possibility for pathological vaginal discharge, which can be due to vaginal infections,
as it is occurring recurrently and yeast infection has excluded then the other possibility is bacterial vaginosis according to your description,
which can occur due to over growth of normal flora of vagina, that can be flare up by usage of antibiotics and irritants like soaps, perfumes etc, sometimes semen also can act as irritant and can lead to repeated attacks,

so you consult gynecologist, discuss regarding this possibility,
undergo physical examination,
swab culture from the vaginal discharge, if needed hanging drop preparation,
use antibiotics according to the sensitivity report,
both partners should be treated simultaneously and better to use barrier method of contraception during the course of treatment,
avoid scratching, clean the area only with XXXXXXX warm water,
these measures will possibly cure the problem,

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.