Vaginal discharge, foul odour, fungal infection, tea tree oil, yoghurt in diet

I am 28 yrs female.I have extra liquid flow in my private parts and it has a smell.what do i do and is it a serious problem? i have not be sexculary active for last 4 months as my husband is not in town. pls advice.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 57 minutes later

Thanks for your query

White,clear vaginal discharge is a normal phenemonon as it helps in cleansing of the vagina.The amount of discharge can increase during ovulation,pregnancy,stress,excitement etc.If the discharge is associated with any odour or changes in colour and consistency then it indicates any infection which can be fungal or bacterial in nature. Fungal infection is the most common cause for it as it occurs in warm,moist areas.
The discharge which you are having if it is cottage cheese like in appearance and has foul smell then it indicates fungal infection.
Wear loose cotton undies.
Apply tree tea oil mixed in water 2 times a day and keep the area dry.
Have lots of yoghurt in diet.
Do not apply any soap or harsh bodywashes in the area.
If the infection persists or the symptoms worsen kindly see a Gynaecologist for evaluation.You might require some prescription medications for controlling it.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query if any.

Follow-up: Vaginal discharge, foul odour, fungal infection, tea tree oil, yoghurt in diet 15 hours later
Where can i get tree oil? is there a particular brand or medicine i can ask for?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Tea tree oil is easily available in any Body care shops,Drug Stores or Departmental Stores. There is no particular brand and it is a natural product which is antibacterial/antifungal in nature.

Wishing you Good Health!