Uvula is inflamed and touching tongue. How long will it take to heal?

ENT Specialist
Question
My uvula, after 3 weeks, is still inflamed, gelatinous, and touching my tongue. How long should this take to subside? I have asked several questions previously.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 minutes later
it may be allergic reaction to some substance or food
with withdrawing the substance takle antiallergic ebastine 10 mg od short course of deflazacort 6 mg od
with gelusil 2 tsf tds
with application of kenacort on uvula it will; take 3 week

Follow-up: Uvula is inflamed and touching tongue. How long will it take to heal? 0 minute later
Here is an image at 3 weeks

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consider indoor care at a tertiary care hospital.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. I noticed several queries on the same condition since 8th October, but refrained from answering them to enable you to get multiple opinions.

2. I have now compared your earlier image with the latest one, and I agree with you that your uvula is still inflamed.

3. At this point I would advise patients to be admitted to a tertiary care center for intravenous medication.

4. Have you ruled out snoring and angioedema? Which medication have you had?

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.