Using man king and topical cream. Is it used for STD? What kind? Harm?

Hi I am a 33 year old white female in South Africa. My husband is a 50 year old white male. Firstly about a year ago I found some (man king) tablets hiden away when I was repacking the closet. I didn't ask him about it, because I know that some men over 45 struggle in the bedroom and it might be a sensitive subject for him.
But now I found two topical creams (Adco-Acyclovir and Quadriderm cream) also hidden away in his car when I took his car to be servised. What can he be using it for and if for std's which std's and what is the symptoms for him and for myself? please let me know.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 55 minutes later

The topical creams you found:-

Acyclovir is an antiviral and is used as a local application for viral infection like herpes.

Quadriderm is a cream containing antibacterial, antifungal and steroid used to treat mixed infections caused due to bacteria, fungus due to sweat( infections of the groin, axilla and moist areas due to sweat).

So I guess he is using it for some sort of infection which he may be having viral, bacterial or fungal.

Symptoms of sexually transmitted disease can be:-

-An ulcer or a sore on or around the sexual part (can be seen in either or both partners),
-Eruptions on the organs, face (in case of herpes a viral infection),
-You may get vaginal infections causing curdy white or greenish yellow or foul smelling discharge (due to bacterial or fungal infections like chlamydia, gonorrhoea,candidiasis, trichomoniasis).
-Itching or burning sensation in vagina,
-Swollen glands, fever, sore throat,
-Males have cloudy yellowish or bloody discharge in infections like gonorrhea,
-Increased frequency of urine and burning.

These are few symptoms seen in sexually transmitted diseases.
See if any of you have any of these symptoms or suffered in recent past and if yes get tested for STD.

I would suggest you to discuss the issue with your husband and if necessary both of you can get investigated and if need be get treated.

Hope this answer is helpful to you. In case of any query you can write back and I shall be available for help.