Using diplene for eczema on knees. Suggest effective medicine to get rid of it

I have developed some kind of eczema on my knees and elbows. I have been using "Diplene". Please suggest me some good and effective medicines and creams so that I can get rid of this.
The affected skin has become black and has developed spots which makes it looks ugly.

Please help.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 hours later
There could be many causes for dry itchy pigmented skin over knees and elbow. I would like to know
1) duration- since how long are you having it
2) is it persistent or disappears in summers
3) was it a dry red rash covered with thick silvery scales or multiple small elevated lesions that later on healed to become black as you have mentioned or it was always a thick black pigmented area of involvement
4) itchy or non itchy.
5) any history of oozing from the lesion
6) any other body areas involved like scalp, face, lower back, nail changes
7) treatment taken so far by any dermatologist for the condition.

If possible kindly upload a clear image of affected area. It would help in closing on the possibilities, so that an appropriate treatment can be suggested.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.