Using beclomet nasal spray due to sinus infection. Tested negative gen ab/ag test. Should I take some more test?

Pediatrician
Question
Hi doctor I was using beclomet nasal spray for 2 years due to my sinus infection used it twice daily. Tested negative using 4th gen ab/ag test last week after 6 months of exposure. Was using the spray during the test.Would the spray effects my results.Should I take some other test to be conclusive
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Beclomet nasal spray is for allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa and/or sinuses. It is not the treatment for sinus infection. Similarly the test for antigen and antibody is for allergy. As the test is negative you need not worry. There is no need of getting it repeated.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Using beclomet nasal spray due to sinus infection. Tested negative gen ab/ag test. Should I take some more test? 3 hours later
Sorry doctor would using beclomet nasal spray for 2 years effects my HIV test using 4th gen (ab/ag) after 6 months of high risk exposure

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 50 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

No the nasal spray will not have any effect on the HIV test.

Nasal spray provides a very minute dose of the steroids.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Rajiv