Using asthma inhaler for persistent cough. Found sore and hard lump above navel. What's wrong?

Jul 2016

i have a hard lump in stomach above navel its sore when pressed doesnt move or dissappear when prodded, and a persistent cough and need to use asthma inhaler more ?
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears to me that you may be having what is called as ‘Epigastric Hernia’. However, this can be confirmed only on clinical examination. So please consult some General Surgeon for examination and to confirm the diagnosis. Since you are asthmatic and get cough very frequently, there is danger of it getting strangulated. So please get it examined and repaired at the earliest.

Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions. I shall be pleased to help you .

Thanks with Regards.