Used veet hair removal cream in genital area. Having itching, skin peeling off and burning during urination. Could it be herpes?

I used veet hair removal cream in gential area. After that I have burning itching skin peeling off Burning during urination. Could I have herpes ?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No. It is not related to Herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The burning and itching of the skin with the peeling is likely to be due to the allergy to the chemicals present in the Veet cream. This is not suggestive of herpes.
You can avoid using it near your genitalia, wash the area thoroughly to remove the cream from the area and take an anti allergic like cetrizine for relief from the symptoms.
In case the burning during urination persists for more than three days then consult your physician and get your urine examination done to rule out any urinary tract infections.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.