Used unwanted kit. Having prolonged bleeding. What is the cause?

May 2013
i was used unwanted kit to stop pregnancy of about seven week but my bleeding is steel continued i used pill about fifteen days earlier.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of retained products of conception Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Usually during abortion bleeding can be seen for 2 to 3 days. After expulsion of products of conception spotting can be seen for 4 to 5 days. But as you are having continuous bleeding for around 15 days, there is possibility of retained products of conception in the uterus. So, once consult gynecologist and go for ultrasound. Ultrasound will help in recognizing the evidence of any retained products. Depending on the amount of products further management can be planned. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.