Used shampoo as lubricant for masturbation. Risk of HIV?

General Surgeon
Question
I have a question that i used shampoo as lubricant in a hotel when i was masturbating,do i have any risk to get HIV if the shampoo was mixed up with seminal fluid/bodily fluids that is contaminated with hiv virus,thanks!

Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 59 minutes later

HIV virus cannot grow and thrive in a shampoo bottle.

Even though seminal fluid or body fluid is mixed with it, as shampoo is a mild detergents 'HIV virus' can`t survive in it.

So do not worry. There is no chance of getting HIV infection by using shampoo as lubricant while masturbating .

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. If you have any further query, I am available to answer them.

Follow-up: Used shampoo as lubricant for masturbation. Risk of HIV? 11 hours later
Thank you,i am a man,so you mean the HIV virus will not survive in any liquid except in the body of a human?and how long will Hiv virus lost it's infection after it leaves the human body into other liquid ?
Follow-up: Used shampoo as lubricant for masturbation. Risk of HIV? 6 hours later
even some small wounds on my penis ?thanks
Follow-up: Used shampoo as lubricant for masturbation. Risk of HIV? 3 hours later
and i caught a cold 2 days after that so...

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Thanks to hear from you again.

HIV virus doesn’t survive or thrive in detergents like shampoo for more than few minutes.

Small wounds on the penis can be traumatic or due to use of concentrated shampoo on penis without dilution.

As detergents are viricidal

I don’t see chance of acquiring HIV by just using shampoo as lubricant.

Cold, two days is not associated with the described incident. It does not appear to have any connection with HIV

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Follow-up: Used shampoo as lubricant for masturbation. Risk of HIV? 13 hours later
Thank you very much ,just last question, As i know that usually the acute symptom of HIV will come between 2-4weeks after the incident(danger behavior ),so the cold 2 days after the incident (danger behavior)can not be the acute symptom of Hiv ?
Follow-up: Used shampoo as lubricant for masturbation. Risk of HIV? 8 minutes later
'As detergents are viricidal'you said
if the shampoo is not viricidal ,just like a bottle of water,Will HIV virus also lose infectiveity in few minutes?because i do not know the substance of the shampoo and if it is viricidal
thank you very much.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 8 hours later

Thanks to hear from you again.

Infection with HIV commonly occurs by introduction of bodily fluids from an infected person into the body of an uninfected person.

Incubation period of HIV virus infection is quite variable from two weeks to even years.

Generally no sign and symptoms appear within two days, virus needs time to thrive and produce sign and symptoms, minimum period is approximately two weeks .

So the danger behavior is seen routinely after 2 weeks.

Common sign and symptoms include moderate and unexplained weight loss, recurring respiratory tract infections (such as sinusitis, bronchitis, otitis media, pharyngitis), prostatitis, skin rashes, and oral ulcerations.

Even in plane water HIV virus lose their infectivity.

If you still have doubt, it is always better to go for enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) test or Western blot. These tests also takes time to become positive.

Wish you Good Health.

Regards.