Ask a Urologist   »  

Used lotrimin to cure jock itch. Noticed small ulcer on foreskin below penis head. Worrisome

Jul 2016

I am 48 year old male and just noticed this week I have what looks like an small (half the size of a pencil eraser) ulcer on foreskin just below he head of the penis. I have not had any partners outside my wife for more than 20 years and I am pretty certain the same for my wife. I pull the forskin apart it actually seems like two small ones next to each other. There are not very XXXXXXX at all and reddish and round oblong shape. Not sure what this could be. As a note I recently had jock itch that was also in this area and that took 3-4 weeks to get rid with Lotrimin. I have not had any itching for 1-2 weeks so I think the jock itch is cured. There is no puss or such and it did bleed when I masturbated , since that is when I noticed it. I have an appointment with Urologist but I have to wait a couple of weeks to see him and was wondering what it could be. I am circumcised.
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted, you had a ringworm infection in groin and genitals very recently and have developed two small ulcers at coronal sulcus.

Mostly this could be due to acquired secondary infection probably due to scratching

In absence of any unprotected sex and any sexual relation with other partners and other symptoms of UTI, there are no chances of any STD at all. Please take some antibiotics like Doxycycline under the supervision of your doctor for couple of days along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin over ulcer. Observe good personal hygiene and hopefully this should get cured in a week .

Hope I have answered your query .Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.