Used isopropyl alcohol to wipe skin rash. Should I go to urine analysis before GGT levels change or after alcohol disintegrate?
User rating for this question
(Male, 34 years, 72 inches (183 cm), 190 pounds (86.2 kg) of average health) I used isopropyl alcohol on a XXXXXXX cloth to wipe a rash within the skin-fold/ cleavage of my buttocks at 8:30 this morning. I was in contact with the cloth for approximately 30 seconds, allowed the skin fold to return to natural position, and no other actions were taken. I do not consume ethyl alcohol in any form, and occasionally expose myself to the isopropyl as described. I have to submit a sample for urinalysis between now, and 1:45 this afternoon (at the latest) The test is for drugs, alcohol, and maybe GGT as well. Should I go sooner before any GGT levels change (if the levels even elevate that quickly), or should I go later after the alcohol itself has had a chance to disintegrate (if the amount I was exposed to even takes that long to leave the system), or do you believe there shouldn't be any problem. Any suggestions ?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. There should be no problem and no reason to be worried. Please note that some regular foods also contain alcohol. Liver is well prepared to deal with it without any problems. Moreover, externally used alcohol gets to the blood stream only in minimal amount. So no way it can make elevated liver enzymes. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Thyroid result of 146
- 146 over 70 blood pressure
- Is redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest a side effect of tysabri?
- Is numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips a side effect of amlodipine/benazepril?
- 146113 89 blood pressure
- Alcohol-related skin rashes
- Is numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness in hands or feet a side effect of amphotericin b?
- Meaning hemoglobin count 144
- Is itching and burning feeling, especially on the bottom of the feet a side effect of heparin?
- Alcohol poisoning skin rash
- Urine and skin rashes
- Skin rashes that come and go
- Skin rashes and alcohol poisioning
- Is numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips a side effect of mycophenolate mofetil?
- 147 75 blood pressure