Used homeopathic medicine for lichen planus. Pigmentation not getting cured. Ayurvedic treatment?

Excellent

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
Dear Dr.

I am a 36 years old woman and I was diagnosed with Lichen planus in 2009. It was a fully fledged effect on my entire body. I was taking homeo medicines since then. Now there is no itching but still have pigmentation marks very prominently on my skin. Is there a solution in ayurveda?
Posted Sun, 30 Dec 2012 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 1 hour later

It good to know that you do not have itching any more, even though you have been suffering with Lichen Planus since 2009. That's a positive sign.

As your concern is now persisting pigmentation, as per ayurveda, I like to advise you to use the following remedies. There are 2 set of medications - one for oral consumption and the other for external application.

You may start these oral medications:
1. Maha Manjisthadi ghan vati 2 tab twice a day
2. Panchnimbadi tablet 2 tabs twice a day
3. Vasa ghan vati 2 tabs twice a day.
4. Khadirarishtam 5 ml thrice a day after meal

For external application, use Marichyadi tailam and Kumkumadhya tailam in equal quantity on rashes or pigmentation.

You can also take homeopathic medicines along with these medicines if you wish to continue.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Follow-up: Used homeopathic medicine for lichen planus. Pigmentation not getting cured. Ayurvedic treatment? 43 hours later
Thank you doctor. I need to know if any dietary restrictions are required?

Thanks again.

There are no dietary restrictions now when there is no itching.

You can have any diet, however restrict the quantity of the following: Curd; Salt; Sour food; Fermented Food; Bakery Items; Spicy food; etc.

Also avoid sleep at day time. And wake up early in the morning.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.
Please close this discussion if all your queries are answered.