Use of cannabis in treating itchy skin

can cannabis help with intense itchy skin
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Cannabis is one of the psychoactive product related to marijuana. The Active metabolites of the cannabis is used in medical treatments of intense pain, glaucoma, chemotherapy associated nausea and vomiting.

It has been used in allergies, unresponsive to other antihistaminics but then the data is to meagre to stamp its efficacy.

In case the symptoms are not being relieved by antihistaminics, one should consult a dermatologist and try for other options like steroids, methotrexate etc.

Such drugs are also not available without a prescription and should not be used on your own.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have ho follow up queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra