Urine culture, kidney functioning test done. Possible cause of blood, proteins and casts in urine?

Hi, I am 31yrs old female from Delhi. I have got my urine culture test done twice in one month's gap. my first report showed Proteins: present 1+(30.0 mg/dl), R.B.C: 40-60 RBC/HPF, Epithelial Cells ++(in fair numbers), Pus cells: 2-3 WBC/HPF; Repeated test after a month showed similar picture Proteins 2+(100mg/dl), R.B.C: 40-60 RBC/HPF, Epithelial Cells: +(in small numbers) and Casts: Granular 1/8-10 LPF. I went for Kidney functioning test after that and report showed phosphorus 4.50mg/dl. everything else in the report was within range.Now I have done urine culture and the report says No aerobic pyogenic organism grown after 48hrs of incubation at 37 Degree. I would like to know what could be the possible cause of blood, proteins and casts in urine?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Do not panic.
The blood,casts and protein presence in urine suggests kidney glomerular disease.
It can also suggest infection..ut in that case the blood should have dissapeared in the 2nd urine test.
You have not mentioned the reason for the urine examination.
You need to have a blood C1,C3 levels and a XXXXXXX test to exclude immune mediated glomerular disease.Consult a nephrologist before doing these tests.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.