Urine analysis showed 3-4 white blood cells with epithelial cells. What does this mean?

I received the results of my urinalysis everrthing seemed normal but the White Blood cells came in 3-4 and Epith says moderate few.

What does it mean
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later

White blood cells urine denotes infection in arising in kidney, however mild elevation can be normal in old age and women. Epithelial cells shedding in urine is also a sign of infection.

3-4 white blood cells with epithelial cells may be due to mild upper symptoms of urinary tract infection such as increased urination, burning sensation / pain while passing urine, abdominal pain, etc.

Regarding your cholesterol profile, total cholesterol of 256 is moderate elevation however if the ratio is normal then no need to worry.

It will be very helpful if you can discuss your complaints with us. We may be able to interpret the reports better.

I am waiting for your clinical profile....