Urge to urinate, back pain. Could the two be related?

General Surgeon
I've been having to pee a few times early in the morning each morning for the past couple of weeks. My back has also been giving me some pretty serious problems. Could the two be related? Why the urge to pee 3-4 times early in the morning?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Back pain, frequent urinating, burning when urinating, lower abdominal pain are very characteristic for reason, if it has appeared gradually and is mild, infection seems more possible.
You have the urge to pee in the morning because during the night (when you do not pee as often as during the day, bacteria grow more intense).
In both cases you should have urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound performed. Antibiotics might be necessary. Moreover you should drink plenty of water, eat plenty of cranberries or cranberries supplements. Hot baths should ease the pain.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.