Unprotected sex, taking contraceptive pill and Trimethoprim for UTI. Is there a decent likelihood of me being pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
I was recently prescribed a 7 day course of Trimethoprim for a UTI, but I am also on the contraceptive pill (microgynon). I told my doctor this fact, and she said that I shouldn't worry too much about the antibiotics making the pill completely ineffective, but that I should still use extra precautions. Since being on this course of antibiotics, I have had unprotected sex with my partner, although he pulled out before ejaculating. Is there a decent likelihood of me being pregnant? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the morning after pill.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

The trimethoprim tablet that you are taking will not affect the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill. Thus, there is no need to take the morning after pill. Your chances of being pregnant are negligible.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.