Unprotected sex, bumps on penis, clear discharge, STD

Question
I recently had unprotected sex with a new female partner. Shortly after, discovered two tiny pimple-like bumps on my penis. one on the head, and the other on the shaft. I have also noticed a minor discharge of clear fluid from the urethra. I am in the process of getting screened for STDs. My question is what am I most likely looking at??
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

The possibility of STDs in you is high as you had unprotected intercourse. The most common and early presenting illness will be Herpes genitalis and the pimple like lesions you mentioned if are sized about 2 to 5 mm and are filled with clear fluid have high possibilities of being Herpes.

The clear fluid from the urethra if is continuous could probably be normal secretions from the glands stimulated more due to the same cause which resulted in pimples, if there is any abnormal color say, pus like, yellow or greenish then possibilities of it being Gonorrhea.

The above two illness are what have to be considered and aimed at ruling them out by getting tested.

Always do use protection to prevent such undue tensions in future.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.