Undergone ivf procedure. Conceived but no sac found. Should I continue susten and folvite?

Infertility Specialist
hello doctor, i have got my ivf done , Embroy transfer happened on 28.1.2013 , my hcg presntly is 3824, urine tests are positive and doctor is saying they are nt able to see viable sac . . .and pls advise should i continue taking the medicines : susten 100 injections , progynova - 2 mg, dexona, duphaston - 10mg, folvite, capsule susten - 400, ecosprin pls advise
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) You seem to have conceived but pregnancy has not progressed. 2) Embryo transfer was more than one month back. Sac should be visible by now. Hence i believe its biochemical pregnancy meaning pregnancy in blood test but not on scan. 3) If you compare your previous beta hCG values, they should be more shiwing doubling value every 48 hours. 4) You can repeat hCG value after 2 days which should double from present value. If not doubled means pregnancy is not viable. 5) I suggest you stop all medicines as i presume the pregnancy is not viable any more. I am sorry for your loss. I think you can conceive again with good success as you had conceived now. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for the follow up query you have. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist