Undergone 2nd cycle of follicular study. Is there any problem with ovary size?

Mar 2013
I am on my 2nd cycle of Follicular stydy below are the details
Day 3 of periods= my right ovary was8,7,6 and left was 7,6,5 with End thickness 5.1
Day 7 of periods=my right ovary is 16,10,9 and left is 16,15 with End thickness 6.8

please help me is there any probplem with the size of the ovarries

Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 55 minutes later
What you are mentioning is not the size of the ovaries but the size of the egg follicles within each ovary.
Going by your details, the right ovary is having one dominant follicle of 16 mm.
Normally, this grows by 1 - 2 mm per day.
By the day of ovulation ( generally day 14 ), if you are having a 28 day cycle, the dominant egg reaches a size of 22 mm approximately, when it ruptures, leading to ovulation.
This is when you should be having intercourse to maximize chances of pregnancy.
Of course, fertility also depends on various other factors apart from ovulation, such as semen count of your partner, the patency of your fallopian tubes and the hormonal assay of both partners.
Take regular folic acid, remain sexually active around the time of ovulation, and stay healthy and positive in outlook.

Take care, and feel free to ask any further questions.
Follow-up: Undergone 2nd cycle of follicular study. Is there any problem with ovary size? 23 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

I have 30 days cycle it varies.

I hope current status is normal.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXXX
Yes, the current status of follicular monitoring is normal.
Best of luck.