Under stress, diagnosed with anxiety. Have protein in urine and feels pain at tip of penis. Suggest?

I am going through a lot right now and under stress. I have self diagnosed myself with health anxiety. Yesterday I went to the clinic and they found a trace of protien in my urine..I am extremely scared and don't know what to do or what causes this. I did give blood and another urine sample this morning to the lab to be examined

Is this something I should be worried about? I am seeing a counsellor to help with my anxiety. I know my brain is playing tricks on me right now.

It also feels sometimes that I can feel the a very slight pain at the tip of my penis
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 36 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.
Causes of traces of protein ranges from orthostatic, heavy exercise like normal causes to renal condition. So one needs to corelate with symptoms if any. You can wait for another urie teport and msy const tl your doctorfor same.

For anxiety, rather than self diagnosis, you should consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management. Doctor may suggest two treatment option .
1. Antidepressant or anti anxiety drugs
2. Counselling.
Doctor may guide you appropriate way to get rid of it.
Meanwhile you may go for stress management and relaxation exercise like yoga, meditation or breathing exercise for better control over stress.

I hope i have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.