Unconscious, yellow skin and sclerae, gold-coloured urine. Had jaundice and liver transplant. What hepatitis is it?

I am trying to decide what type of hepatitis my patient has - he is in ICU unconscious, has bright yellow skin, gold-colored urine, and his sclerae are bright yellow. Eleven years ago he traveled to West Africa and came home with a jaundice. He had a liver transplant 3 years ago but the donor was hepatitis free. He has a history of injectable drug abuse 19 years ago and exposure to someone years ago that had "liver sickness XXXXXXX He was well until about a year ago. Thank you
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

The information provided is inadequate.
I would like to have more information.

1. I would like to have the complete report of liver function test.

2. If tests for viral markers, autoimmune profile and tests for metabolic issues have been done, I would like to have those reports also?

3. Any imaging done ?

4. 11 years ago he had jaundice. What was the cause and how long did it last?

5. Why was liver transplant done 3 years ago? How was his liver function at that time. Can I have the LFT report?

6. How long he has been having the present signs/symptoms - jaundice, unconsciousness/

Kindly get back to me with the answers.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini